Nourish bowls continue to win popularity contests as a nutritious lunch option. Partly because they are a great way to get more veg into your day and are packed full of nutrients, and partly because they are so insta-friendly! This is my Rainbow Nourish Bowl with Yogurt Dressing (Low FODMAP, GF) recipe. I’ve included quinoa in my bowl as it’s gluten free and contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source. I top this bowl with my fresh yogurt dressing for an extra dose of calcium and protein!
RAINBOW NOURISH BOWL WITH YOGURT DRESSING RECIPE
- ½ cup Pumpkin (diced)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs Australian garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg (or ½ cup chicken, salmon, or tofu)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup Corn
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- ½ cup Purple Cabbage (steamed)
- ½ cup tri colour quinoa
- 1 tbsp Pepitas
- ½ cup Baby spinach/Rocket/Cress
- ½ cup Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbs lactose free yogurt
- ¼ tsp Australian garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbs fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Heat oven to 180 degrees. Line baking tray.
- Toss pumpkin in olive oil and smoked paprika and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Squirt lemon juice over chicken. Wrap egg (or protein of choice) in foil and place on tray beside pumpkin. Cook for 15-20 mins.
- Heat frying pan on stove and roast corn cob. Remove from heat and remove kernels, toss in cumin and chilli powder.
- Place cabbage in microwave proof bowl, covered and steam for 1 min (or pop it on top of the quinoa as it cooks – the steam will soften the cabbage and it saves you washing up!).
- Dry roast pepitas in small frypan for 2-3 mins or until brown.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the yogurt, ¼ tsp garlic infused EVOO and the parsley.
- Arrange all ingredients in bowl, top with roast pepita and yoghurt dressing.
WANT TO TRY ANOTHER HEALTHY NOURISH BOWL RECIPE?
If the ingredients in this nourish bowl recipe are not quite your thing, try an alternative nourish bowl recipe here.